Sunday, May 15, 2011

Here it is! The moment you've all been waiting for... My first post

My life is... weird. Random/awkward encounters with strangers, tearful Sunday nights, and self-caused drama aren't out of the ordinary. :) I make every single day an adventure and it's the best. I can find a bit of joy in each day- hence the title of the blog. Here are a few of my recent experiences...

1. Grocery store adventure with Candice. We originally went to get one simple thing. Well... we ended up running into an old man with a microphone. He gave us a raffle ticket and told us that if we stuck around for less than three minutes we would get a fruit/veggie peeler priced at $5 for FREE. Every college student's favorite word. Naturally we hung around, ended up getting conned into some ridiculous demonstration and after like 20 minutes ended up getting some pretty crappy peelers that should probably be priced at 5 cents, not 5 dollars. After the demonstration we decided to get some strawberries and toppings to go with. Most people get chocolate to put on their strawberries, but not Candice and me. We get marshmallow cream. We picked out some generic brand and were going to buy it, but Candice didn't like that it had air bubbles in it. We proceeded to the ice cream toppings aisle and were looking at hot fudge when all of a sudden I found the perfect addition to our strawberries. I got so excited that I screamed and basically jumped onto our cart and reached awkwardly in front of Candice. What was it? Liquid marshmallow cream- NO air bubbles. Yes, it was worth it because liquid marshmallow cream + fresh strawberries= AMAZING.

2. 1/2, 3/4, and whole birthdays. Pretty much I have amazing roommates. We celebrate everybody's half, three-quarters, and whole birthdays. I have eaten so much cake these last few weeks it's insane. And there's still more to come in a couple weeks. I love it :)

3. On a more serious note... This last year has been so weird. Basically it's just been a little unstable. I've had my heart broken, got braces right before college (which by the way will be coming off sooner than planned), worked so much it's crazy, started college, survived general chemistry (although I will be retaking it because I got a C), made new friends, got separated from other friends as we moved on with life. It's been hard, but I've learned so much and I wouldn't change any of it. With all the trials come even more blessings. Because of the braces, my jaw isn't a total mess and once they come off I will have a beautiful smile. My wonderful jobs taught me valuable lessons I never could have learned without them and I am able to pay for my own school with minimal financial help from mommy and daddy :)  Although all my friends seem to go separate paths, I know they're still there for me. I am so blessed to have ten (and counting) of my very best friends serving LDS missions. I get to write them all and watch them grow. It makes it easier to let them go when I know that they're doing what they're supposed to and changing lives along the way. Having most of my friends gone has helped me to grow closer to my family- especially my wonderful mom. I'm so grateful for her.

4. Time management. This is something I have really had to learn this semester. Why? Because I'm taking 16 credits, working 9-12 hours a week, and running track. The greatest part is, it's all going really well. I'm not even stressed and I'm really succeeding. My grades are fantastic and I've never been happier. My secret? Put the Lord first. Seriously. Lots of praying, lots of scripture study, and going to the temple once a week. It's funny how when you put Him first everything else falls perfectly into place.

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey, I love your stories. They make me laugh and cry!

    ReplyDelete