We can't ever judge other people. Obviously. We're taught all the time to never judge a book by its cover- that we need to really get to know a person first. But what if we thought we DID know this person? I learned recently that even though you think you know a person really well, you don't actually always know what they're going through or why they do the things they do. It's kind of a rude awakening when you hold a grudge against someone for a long time because of something they did and you realize later that they didn't really DO anything at all. You didn't completely understand the situation. Someone once told me that we never REALLY know the reason people do the things they do. I realized that they were right. It's not my place to judge or to condemn because there's no way I can understand the whole situation... but it IS my place to love. I can and should love people for who they are. I can be quick to forgive. I don't have to be their best friend ever, but I can look for the good and see the beauty of every person I meet. Everyone is amazing in their own way and we just need to see it... Look a little deeper and you'll find it.
Another thing I learned... Perspective. In my psychology class this week we learned that how we view situations is everything. My teacher told us that if you don't like the way you're feeling, change the way you're judging the situation. Science proves it- attitude is a CHOICE. People don't make you feel a certain way, you choose to feel that way. It's SO true! You can choose to find joy in your journey EVERY DAY.
The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude. ~Dennis S. Brown
I love that I get to attend such a great university! I love learning SO much and I look forward to continuing. It's so great how everything you learn makes you just a little more capable of making a difference in the world and serving those around you :)
With my depression, my healing and my attitude was ALL MY CHOICE. Wholeheartedly agree. Love you!
ReplyDelete