Holy cow! It's been a really long time since I posted! Sorry! I guess life just got all crazy on me! Lucky for you, I'm posting about my wonderful "spontaneous family adventure." My mom decided that we needed a family trip so Friday morning after my anat & phys class we all loaded up and got ready to head to a nearby water park. Well, the adventure started before we even left. I come from a family of 6 girls and so packing requires a lot of effort. After a fair amount of struggles, we fit everything in the car... unfortunately we couldn't see out the back window. The sad part is, we were only going to be gone for two days and we didn't even bring any makeup, straighteners, hair dryers, etc. because we were going camping. So finally... we were off! On our way to the water park we watched one of my new favorite movies-- Megamind. That's really all I have to say about the car ride.
So we got to the water park and I spent a lot of time with my sister, Sidney. We decided that we didn't really want to get our hair wet because we didn't want it looking ridiculous for our adventures the next day. Well... that idea didn't last too long. The lazy river had waterfalls/sprinklers and little girls were out to get us. They kept splashing us and trying to knock us off of our tubes... so we gave up and just had fun. It was nice to finally be able to spend quality time with her... that hasn't happened much since I graduated from high school.
After the water park, we went to Big Jud's- home of the 1 pound burgers. We had some really good burgers and fries (which they hand-cut so they are MUCH healthier than fast food. Random fact.) We also had some really good ice cream. I just got rocky road (in a cup because I don't like my ice cream in a cone) and split it with my two-year-old sister, Hailee. I just love her :)
Next we took of for Yellowstone to stay the night in my grandparents' motor home. We started to watch Yogi Bear but that didn't go over so well. We ended up just rockin out to my dad's 80's music the rest of the way and it was really fun. Somehow we managed to fit 8 people in the camper. We had the 3 middle girls on one bed, the 6-year-old on the floor, and I slept on a twin-sized bed with the two-year-old. Long story short, I didn't sleep very well that night :)
The next morning we got up and had a really nice breakfast thanks to my wonderful mom. Then we packed up... again... and headed off to Mesa Falls! Hailee thought it was a really awesome slide and wanted to go down it. She was sad when we wouldn't let her. Afterward we stopped for a picnic lunch. We met a baby squirrel and Karlie threw Cheetos at it. She was amazed when he started to eat them and demanded that we take a picture. Hailee started to pretend to be a mosquito and eat people and I got attacked by a killer moth and screamed. My dad made fun of me. Typical.
Next stop... feeding the fish! We had leftover pancakes from breakfast so we decided to feed the fish by warm river. I loved it! Feeding fish/ducks is seriously one of my all-time favorite things! I don't know why, but I just love it. My sisters had fun too :)
Then... we went floating down warm river. I really wasn't excited about it because I knew it would result in screaming because the water was too cold and the little rapids would be too scary but my mom made us go. Here's how it went... Karlie and Emily barely touched the water and then refused to get in. Emily got forced in and we took off. Hailee and I made it without any problems- good thing cuz she kept saying, "Ninz (Lindz) I don't anna get wet." Brittney completely fell off her tube. Mom and Emily made it safely. Round two... Karlie decided to go, I refused, Emily went on her own tube, Brittney went too. Mom and Karlie get dumped into the icy water, Karlie lost her flip-flops and started screaming, "Get me out of this place!" I had to jump in and try to rescue Karlie's flip-flops (funny, because when we went boating on the 4th of July, Karlie got knocked off a tube and I had to jump in and save her because she didn't believe her life jacket made her float. That's a great story. Ask me about it sometime.) Anyway, Brittney made it down okay. Emily made it, but then left her tube floating down the river so I had to jump in and get it for her. After all that, we decided it was time to go home.
We rocked out to more 80's tunes on the way home and Karlie kept asking why we couldn't watch a movie. We just kept saying, "in a minute!" because we were having a lot more fun listening to music than we would have watching a movie. When we got home, Mom made scones and we unpacked. You think this is the end of the story, but it isn't... Spontaneous family weekend is still going. Today is Sidney's 17th birthday so we celebrated it and now we're off to make s'mores and roast starbursts and taffy :)
I miss you...
ReplyDelete