Monday, June 24, 2013

Lifestyle Intervention

My roommates and co-workers have heard me say over and over for awhile now that I'm starting my "lifestyle intervention." Unfortunately I've had a hard time actually following through with it. It's funny because as part of my major we study quite a bit about behavior change. I know dozens of behavior change theories, how to coach people to be able to make lifestyle changes, reasons for positive changes, etc. I'm now learning it's much more difficult to MAKE lifestyle changes than it is to simply coach others into doing it.

Well, my most recent attempt at my lifestyle intervention started this morning and might actually prove successful, thanks to my roommate, Reilly. We are becoming cross-fitters and I'm training for a half-marathon . I also refrained from buying cookies, ice cream, and my other usual unhealthy snack foods.

So... to help myself feel "accountable" for how well I work on my lifestyle intervention, I will be posting my successes and things I need to improve each week. We'll see how it goes! Here's to positive lifestyle changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment