Monday, July 1, 2013

Week One Report

Well, I did cross fit for a whole three days before I decided to switch it up a bit. I went on my first run since March! In early April I ended up spraining my ankle, then broke my toe, and then had some other foot injuries. So... after weeks of recovery I was finally able to go for a run! It was a rather pathetic run. I only made it 2.5 miles, but I did it in 27 minutes in 80 degree weather. Not too shabby considering the shape I'm in now. I'll have to keep working at it if I'm going to reach my goal of finishing a half marathon this fall, though.

Also this week I started looking for internships. Am I old enough for that already? Guess so! As of right now I'm thinking I want to be a manager of programs that focus on adolescent substance abuse prevention and recovery as well as programs that teach parents how to help their children overcome addiction, depression, etc. I'd like to do an internship working with smoking cessation or other addictive behaviors. I'm also considering coordinating with a professor to do mentored research. I think it'd be way awesome to be able to do research with people who are really experienced and hopefully find new information that would help us to better serve the community. So many new and exciting things are ahead! I honestly don't know where life is taking me these next few months, but I'm excited to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment