Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Life as the Wife of a College Student

Guess what, everyone! We found an apartment... a month ago. Oops! It's taken awhile for me to get around to posting more updates. We signed a contract on August 14th and finally got around to moving in on the 23rd. I've been slowly working on decorating the cute little place, hopefully I'm finished soon.

Coleman started school after Labor Day and that's kept him pretty busy. He's taking 14 credits, working, and volunteering at 3 different physical therapy clinics. Since we only have one car and I have to take it to work, he's been biking everywhere he needs to go. Unfortunately for him, we live on a hill, so he gets to power up that hill at the end of every day. At least he gets a good work out in, right?

I work full-time and have started prepping "freezer meals" so we can have dinner at a decent time after we get home. I just make the food we would normally eat and freeze it in to meal-sized portions. That way all I have to do is pop it in the oven and dinner is ready in less than an hour. It saves a lot of time, money (because we can buy in bulk), and energy for me. It's been so nice!

After dinner, Coleman usually has some homework to do. To keep myself busy while he studies, I've taken up indexing. I'd never indexed until Coleman taught me for family home evening one night. At first I got really frustrated, but this week Coleman pointed out that it might be easier to do English names. Haha! For some reason it hadn't occurred to me that it was so hard because I was doing Portuguese and Russian names. I'm happy to report that I've been much less frustrated since I started indexing names in my native language :)

More exciting news... We have a nephew! We finally became an aunt and uncle last week. Coleman's sister had a beautiful baby boy named Tommy. We're super excited about that.

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment