Thursday, September 8, 2011

Here we go again!

Well, at least I blog once a month, right? Haha! Today is move-in day at my university. Has it really been a whole year?? I can't even believe how fast it's flown by. It's weird to think that within the last year, I've sent out 15 of my best friends on missions. It has been so incredible to watch them all grow.

It was this time last year when I met one of my very best friends, Liz, and started a closer friendship with Beth Ann, the prettiest little red-head at our whole university! We've been through SO much together!! Liz's knee surgery, our chemistry classes (yeah for ice cream to get us through!), boys, my random teary-eyed break downs, Beth Ann's many dates, oh the list could go on! I could never thank these girls enough for putting up with me through all of this.

Also within the last year, I discovered who my best friends really were all along... My family. In high school I never would have thought they'd be my best friends. Nobody really knows me like they do. Nobody but my mom would be able to handle me the way she does :) I love them so much, I really do. I've loved being home for a little while to see my sisters growing up. I helped teach Hailee how to count and recognize colors. She is just my most favorite little munchkin ever! I hope I have a little girl like her one day :) I've loved finally being able to get closer to my cousin, Courtney. She'll be up at school with me this fall and I am so excited to have one of my XC workout buddies back!!!

It's crazy to me how much I've learned and changed in the last year (and how random this blog post is... sorry!) There are so many things that have shaped me into somebody better, and I know there are so many more growing experiences to come. Growing up makes me excited and freaks me out all at the same time! It's just nice to know that I have a Heavenly Father who's watching out for me, giving me experiences I need, and guiding me the whole way through. He has blessed me SO MUCH  this last year... I've had at least two jobs at a time, pulled the grades I need for PA school (except chemistry... maybe if I study this time I'll get a better grade), and so much more! Can't wait to see what the new semester brings!! Sophomore year, here I come!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment