Friday, August 1, 2014

Celebrating Success

Being in a family ward now, my relief society sisters aren't all in the same phase of life as I am. I was used to going to church with people who were all going to school, dating, debating serving a mission, etc. Goals were a temple marriage, surviving finals week, or getting that cute boy to ask you out. It has been an interesting transition to say the least. I've really enjoyed getting to know these other sisters, though. They have taught me so much. One of the many things they have taught me is the importance of celebrating success, even in little things. I'm learning that there are different successes to celebrate with each stage of life. It's fun to hear the sisters share their personal triumphs each week. Some of them being:

  • Potty training toddler had no accidents this week
  • Teenage son finally passed his drivers test after previously failing 
  • Husband graduated
  • Baby slept through the night
  • Took the time to get a hair cut this week
  • New recipe that was well-received by most of the family
  • Finished first 5k

When we dwell more on our successes than our failures, we are so. much. happier. This week I've tried hard to notice my personal successes and it's really helped my attitude improve. Some of my recent successes were:

  • Doing my visiting teaching
  • Trying a yummy new recipe
  • Finding cute new sandals for $10
  • Putting together surprise packages for siblings and siblings-in-law
  • Discovering that if I eat more slowly I don't get stomach aches
  • Remembering to get the car tires rotated
It's amazing the number of positive things we can find in our day if only we look for them. What were some of your successes this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment